Thursday, October 18, 2012

September 1

September Week 1
September 2-8, 2012

It's time for SCHOOL!!!!
 Monday night before the first day.... she was so excited she couldn't sleep and kept getting out of bed!




 First day of school with her new Dora backpack and Strawberry Shortcake lunch box.

 Flowers in a pencil vase (thanks Pinterest!) for her teacher.

 Our first day of school together!

 This is Emily's first year at the elementary school with me and we both are loving it.  :)
I love that I get to work (part time) at the school my kids are at (or will be at).
Not only do I get to see them more, but I know (and love) their teachers and let's be honest-- being colleagues with your kids teachers is a huge perk but not why you might think.
Also, I get to know her friends and peers way better than an average mom might which I'm already enjoying and I'm sure it will come in handy in years to come!
 Emily and her wonderful teacher, Mrs. Haagsma!

Emily and her BFF, Jocelyn

 Outside her classroom


Emily has been telling me "I'm not gonna miss you Mommy, because I'm at your school now" all of the week leading up to her first day, and sure enough, day one: she ran off to the playground to see her friends right away!  :)

All of the KCC kids lined up with Mrs. Haagsma and Ms. Linda.
Em is waving, and as she walked by she said:
"Mommy, I am going to miss you but I'm happy that we are at school together."
{Me too, Em.}

No comments:

Post a Comment