Monday, January 9, 2012

Our Life: December Week 1

December Week 1
December 4th - December 10th


 Sunday, December 4th
My dad was here and we all drove down to San Diego (taking two cars) after church.
Emily and I went to see "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" and she loved it.

I love that our little 4 year old is getting exposed to good music and a variety of cultural experiences from an early age--and I love that she truly enjoys it!  She was absolutely fascinated.  I think I spent almost as much time watching her as I did watching the stage!  :)


During "The Grinch", Peter played a matinee performance of his show, "Some Lovers" and my dad took care of Noah in the park. 


After the shows Dad drove back to Long Beach with our kids so Peter and I could go out for dinner and then I could stay to watch his show.  Thanks, Dad!  I really appreciated it!! 
Also noteworthy-- before "Some Lovers",  Peter took me backstage and I got to meet Burt Bacharach!   What a fun day.  :)


Emily--loo--who  holding hands with the other Whos around the Christmas tree in Whoville :) 

"Da who dorae, ya who voray welcome Christmas, Christmas day..."

Well, neither child is really looking, but I still like this photo.  :)


Happy 30th to me!

On Saturday night I threw myself a birthday party.  I thought it was a lame idea at first, but then decided since I love to plan and host parties, and since celebrating birthdays and entertaining are not really my husband's strong suits, I should just do it myself; and I'm so glad I did!

As the photo above shows: "...brown paper packages tied up with string, these are a few of my favorite things" we had a "favorite things" party (as found on pinterest!)


...complete with piñata!



I had a great night celebrating with friends :)

...actually, that's an understatement--it was amazing.  I am so blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment