Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Our life: July Week 1

July 3rd-9th
2011

Sunday:
Pete's brass trio played pieces he wrote for church today.
They were great. :)

(I finally took photos of Noah's finished quilt, even though I finished it awhile ago.)
Yay! It's done!
Monday:
Happy 4th of July!
We had a low key holiday, picnicking at home :)




Tuesday:
Steve & Cindy flew back to IA.
Pete drove to San Diego.
I stayed home and took care of the kids during the day, then Lenee and I drove to SD to see Pete play in "Shrek" while Michael & Jill babysat for us (again!).
We had a fun night getting dinner at "Al Teatro", we avoided crisis when the bathtub faucet broke back at home and then we drove back home (in 2 cars) after the show.

Wednesday:
Laundry. Pack. Drive to SD. Check in to AMAZING hotel. Swim at hotel pool. Eat dinner at the manager's reception hour--spaghetti--yum!
Thursday:
SD Wild Animal Park--now called the SD Zoo Safari Park
We paid $7 total for entrance fees and the African Tram!
I was expecting close to $100, so this was a fantastic surprise due to our zoo memberships that we bought last summer.
When we were leaving (around noon), the temperature gauge in our car read 100 degrees! Yeow!


The above photograph features the very rare and endangered: wild ass.
I love this picture of Em looking out of the tram at the park and all the animals!
The heat was miserable, but we had a wonderful (and short) morning visit.
My boy has nicer sandals than I do! :)

Chillin' in the shade of our poolside cabana!
(Did I mention that we had a fabulous hotel?!?)
See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment