Saturday, August 22, 2009

July 26







This morning I had a gig at El Dorado Park Church playing solo cello, thankfully, Pete was willing to accompany me.  It was really nice to play.  If I'm honest, I very rarely practice anymore.  Ok, I never practice.  I sometimes play, but it's not really practice.  (Given, I play everyday as a string teacher, but I mean play and practice my music)  :)  Anyway, it was good for me to have some motivation to spend more time with my cello!

After church, we packed and loaded up the car and drove to Las Vegas.  Most of the drive was uneventful, but then we saw smoke.... and then traffic stopped... and then we waited.... and waited... and some people went off-roading... and some of them shouldn't have!  (If you look carefully in the photo, I think you can see that several cars got stuck.)

Both sides of the roads were closed off and we had no idea what caused the smoke until they finally opened the road and we saw the bare bones of a bus.  It was shocking to see what had happened to the bus!

When we finally made it to Vegas we checked into my parents timeshare and after dinner Pete and I went to see Cirque du Soleil's "O".  It was amazing!  (Thanks Mom and Dad for the tickets and babysitting!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment