Tuesday, August 18, 2009

July 21


Tuesday.
We got home last night and today I took my middle school orchestra (and a bunch of their parents) to the Hollywood Bowl tonight.  It was a bit busy trying to get everything ready in time, but once we were there it was amazing!  Last spring I took the orchestra on a field trip to Walt Disney Concert Hall to hear the LA Phil, and afterwards we filled out surveys which resulted in free tickets to the Hollywood Bowl this summer :)

There were 30 of us, and almost every student was there with a parent so my job was actually pretty easy!  We saw the LA Philharmonic play Dukas' "The Sorcerer's Apprentice", a piano concerto by Salonen and Pictures at an Exhibition.  It was a beautiful evening, a fantastic concert, and a lot of fun for me to see the kids enjoying it, too.

One more reason I love living here!

No comments:

Post a Comment